The protocol agreement signed under İSMEP between İPKB and the implementing agency, the Ministry of Environment and Urbanism, on 8 June 2007, aimed to training civil engineers throughout the country on the “Regulations for Buildings to be Built in Earthquake Zones” issued on 6 March 2007.
Main Content of Training:
- Basic Concepts in Earthquake Engineering
• Calculation Basis for Buildings with Earthquake Risk
• Reinforced Concrete Buildings with Earthquake Impact
• Steel Buildings with Earthquake Impact
• Assessment and Reinforcement of Current Buildings with Earthquake Impact
• Masonry Buildings with Earthquake Impact
• Design Models for New Reinforced Concrete Buildings
• Design Models for New Steel Buildings
• Assessment and Reinforcement Models for Reinforced Concrete Buildings
• Design, Assessment and Reinforcement Models for Masonry Building
Due to the need for information about the content and implementation of the aforementioned regulations, training sessions were organized under the ISMEP for civil engineers throughout Turkey. In this regard, a total of 3,631 civil engineers were trained as of March 2012.